Thursday, August 06, 2009

Easiest Crochet Shawl recipe


shawl2
Originally uploaded by gojirama aka romanylass
My first attempt to actually type up something I made up!
NB: This pattern is free, as I think all information should be.Yarn: JoAnne's sensations Boucle or any similar weight boucle.
Gauge is not important for this project.
N hook.
Crochet a loose chain this is the length of your wingspan, in mutliples of 9. PM and turn chain. Chain 13 and slip stich in 8th stich from chain. Do this all the way long the length of the chain. You can remove marker now. If you miscount a little, don't worry! This "recipe" is very forgiving and you can fudge it a little!
Next row and all other rows; slip stich down the edge of the end loop to the middle chain (7th)slip stich, chain 13, slip stich in 7th chain of next loop, continue to end. Turn and repeat. You should end up decreasing by one loop each row-continue until you are making only one loop. Cut yarn approx 3 inches from shawl. For the fringe, cut 3 6 inch lengths for each loop. Use crochet hook to attach 3 to each loop. This look great in a contrast yarn! Enjoy, and don't be shy about commenting!

10 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

Beautiful!

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Jenn L in Chicago said...

Very pretty. How much yarn did you use?

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger KrissleB. said...

I want one!! Look at you skinny girl, you are wasting away....

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger gojirama said...

I don't know how much! It really takes little, you could get 5 of these out of a skein.
Krissy, that is an old picture, I am much smaller now.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Kimi said...

the idea of this shawl being so easy!! I am excited. I will make mine long and short. I do not always like things hanging long behind me, but this would make a great shoulder wrap!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Chavvala said...

Do you mind if I sell the finished product if I provide a link back here to your pattern? I absolutely love how beautiful it is!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Chavvala said...

Do you mind if I sell the finished product if I provide a link back here to your pattern? I absolutely love how beautiful it is!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Alliegirl67 said...

Im kinda new to reading patterns so I would like to know what you mean my the "PM" after you chain your length wingspan, Im pretty exciting to make with shawl, thanks

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Place marker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home